Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Snack Attack

I thought I would share with you guys some of my favorite easy, healthy-ish snack ideas.


(Disclaimer:  I am NOT a doctor, dietician or nutritionist.)


#1:  WATER!
Okay I know what you're thinking . . . WATER?  That's not a snack! 


You're right.  However, sometimes our body mistakes hunger for thirst or dehydration.  Many times when I chug a big glass of ice, cold water, I no longer feel the need for a snack.  How easy is that!?!


#2 Fresh Fruit

This is an excellent choice during the summer months.  I love the combination of grapes, raspberries, and blueberries!  I wash and prepare the fruit in advance so it is easy and enticing to grab for a quick snack.

# 3 Almonds

A handful of almonds can provide a great source of protein.  Just be sure you don't eat too many!  You can prepackage them in a snack size zippy bag for portion control.

# 4 String Cheese  

LOVE it!  Not only is this a healthy snack, but it is SOOO fun to eat!  It makes me feel youthful.  It easy to grab and go.  Healthy.  Convenient. Fun.  What more could you want?

# 5 Yogurt

The options with yogurt are endless -  Low-fat yogurt, Greek Yogurt, thick & creamy yogurt!  You can add granola and fresh fruit to make a parfait.  Whatever floats your boat!  (Sometimes I like to add a teaspoon of mini chocolate chips to vanilla yogurt to satisfy my sweet tooth. )


#6 Edamame  

Sprinkle with a little sea salt  -  Mmmmmm, delicious!











# 7 Sugar Free Jell-O


ONLY 10 Calories!  You can even add a little whipped topping to make it feel more indulgent.
(If you follow the Weight Watchers plan this snack = ZERO points!)


#8  Granola Bar


This is super easy to pack in your purse for those days you are out running errands.  My favorites are the Kind Bars and the Kashi TLC Dark Chocolate Coconut Granola Bars.




A healthy diet should include two small snacks a day.  If you need help keeping track of your snacks and meals be sure to check out the Diet & Fitness Journal.  Those who keep a diary lose twice as much weight as those who don't!





No comments:

Post a Comment